FIFA 23 players on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC can now start installing Title Update 5, which delivers a huge number of fixes to FIFA Ultimate Team as well as World Cup, Career, Pro Clubs, and Volta Football modes.
While a long list of issues including UI problems will be fixed in all game modes in FIFA 23 with the latest patch, the developer also adjusts through-balls by reducing the accuracy and the ball trajectory. So, your through-balls are now less likely to land exactly where you wanted them to be, in order to make counter-attacks using through-balls a bit fairer.
Other than this change, the developer has also updated stadiums, kits, and crowds. Also, a change in UI elements and commentary lines has been applied, which might not be significant, but you are about experience fewer issues with the UI overall.
Below, you can take a look at the full list of patch notes for Title Update 5:
FIFA Ultimate Team
- Placeholder images could appear on the shot comparison graphic when in a match.
- In the Milestones section of the Objectives screen, trophies did not always display correctly.
- Decreased the accuracy of Driven Lobbed Through Passes aimed away from where the passer is facing.
- Lowered the ball trajectory height of Driven Lobbed Through Passes.
- In some cases, the ball carrier could unintentionally run over the ball when attempting to dribble with it.
- In certain situations, the goalkeeper did not react to Ground Passes across the goal.
- Sometimes a touch during a dribble could knock the ball further from the ball carrier than intended.
- In some cases, appropriately powered Through Passes could incorrectly cause the ball to be hit out of play.
- AI teammates could lunge for a ball that was far away from them even when the Pass Block Assistance setting was off. In some situations, a defender could incorrectly attempt to shield the ball without being requested to do so.
- When requesting an Outside Of The Foot Shot in some specific situations, a Flair Shot could have occurred instead.
- When requesting a Flair Pass while locked to one player, the CPU AI would not attempt to perform a Flair Pass.
- In rare throw in situations where an additional ball was present on the pitch and needed to be cleared, the player kicking the ball could have done it with unnecessary power.
- The assistant referee starting position was not always correct at the start of a Playable Highlight.
- In some cases, the goalkeeper could have incorrectly been allowed to pick up the ball with their hands after a player-controlled teammate cleared the ball towards them.
- Improved referee logic when determining foul calls in situations where a player makes contact with the goalkeeper.
- During Set Piece Skill Games, the camera would not always correctly orient itself behind the kick taker.
FIFA World Cup
- In Online Tournaments, the Knockout Stage UI could have incorrectly highlighted both participating teams’ paths with the same color.
- In the Online Tournament final, some post-match scenes did not play.
- Addressed a stability issue that could occur when restarting Featured Quickplay matches.
- In Player Career, the goalkeeper Attribute did not always display correctly on the Player Growth screen.
Pro Clubs x VOLTA FOOTBALL
- Addressed a stability issue that could occur in VOLTA ARCADE.
General, Audio, and Visual
- Updated some badges, pre and post-match scenes, crowds, stadiums, kits, balls, headwear, facial hair, commentary lines, UI elements, menu text, and ad boards.
- An incorrect background could have displayed when switching between the main menu and Training Center.
- Updated instances of incorrect text.
- Some videos did not play correctly in the main menu.
- In some cases, when selecting a language, the on-screen flag could display incorrectly.
- [PC Only] EA Social text input did not always function correctly when using the numpad.
- Addressed instances of various stability issues.
Keep in mind that PS4 and Xbox One versions of FIFA 23 will receive this update in the near future.
NEXT: Arma 3 Developer Warns Outlets Of Game Footage Being Used As Fake War News