The Pokemon Company has revealed one of its first sets for 2024. The Scarlet & Violet – Paldean Fates set arrives on January 26, and it shines a spotlight on the Shinies of the Pokemon world.
According to The Pokemon Company, the upcoming set will feature over a hundred Shiny Pokemon, including Pikachu, Tinkaton, Ceruledge, and Dondozo. You’ll also get a chance to score Shiny Pokemon in their Tera form, such as Charizard, Forretress, and Espathra.
It’s a relatively large set that will feature over 240 cards, including six hyper-rare Pokemon ex cards. You can also hope to find Ancient and Future Paradox Pokemon such as Great Tusk and Iron Treads, as well as eight special illustration rare cards featuring Shiny Pokemon ex or Supporter cards.
The hunt for Shiny Pokemon begins!
The following Paldean Fates products have been announced:
Available January 26
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Pokémon Center Elite Trainer Box: It contains 11 Booster Packs, two copies of an illustration rare-style promo card featuring Mimikyu, and all the other goodies you typically get with Elite Trainer Boxes
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Elite Trainer Box: The box contains nine Booster Packs, one Shiny illustration rare promo card featuring Mimikyu, and all the regular Elite Trainer Box gameplay items.
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Tech Sticker Collection: The product features three Booster Packs, one Shiny promo card featuring Fidough, Maschiff, or Greavard, and one large sticker.
Available February 9
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Mini Tin: You’ll get two Booster Packs, one sticker sheet, and one art card featuring Maushold, Smoliv, Tinkatink, Finizen or Flamigo.
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Tin: It contains four Booster packs and one Shiny Pokemon ex promo card featuring Tera Charizard ex, Great Tusk ex, or Iron Treads ex.
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Premium Collection: You’ll score eight Booster Packs, two Shiny promo cards, one Shiny Pokemon ex promo card featuring Meowscarada ex, Skeledirge ex or Quaquaval ex, one oversized Shiny Pokemon ex card, and one three-card display.
Available Feburary 23
- Scarlet & Violet—Paldean Fates Booster Bundle: It features six Booster Packs.
Thanks to the copious amount of Shiny cards in the set, collecting them will be much easier than it is in the franchise video games where you have to rely on tools such as Shiny Charms to help make the odds a little better.
As you look toward next year, don’t forget that there are still plenty of Pokemon TCG products you can pick up this year. This includes the recently released Paradox Rift set.