Fresh gameplay is in highlighting The Wreck, a mature 3D visual novel about sisterhood, motherhood, grief and survival. We have footage from the Switch version.
Follow failed screenwriter Junon as she attempts to make it through the most pivotal day in her life. Relive the past, alter the present, and embrace the future – or watch Junon’s story end in a wreck.
At 36, Junon’s life is in pieces: her career has stalled, she’s emotionally numb, and her personal life is falling apart. Things come to a head when she’s called to the ER to find her estranged mother in a critical condition. This is the most important day of Junon’s life, and unless something changes, it might be her last.
Relive the Past
Experience Junon’s memories and piece together the story of her past, including the tragic secret that lies at its centre.
Alter the Present
Use your understanding of Junon’s trauma to change how she navigates the day, unlocking new dialogue options and healing broken relationships.
Embrace the Future
When you’re at rock bottom, there’s nowhere to go but up. Help Junon find peace with herself and discover the humor, beauty and hope that lie even on life’s bleakest days.
Created by double BAFTA nominated studio The Pixel Hunt, The Wreck features striking visuals, simple and unique gameplay mechanics and gripping dialogs, fully voiced by a cast of French actors.
• A deep narrative rarely seen in games before, with a focus on character psychology and intimacy.
• Dialogs that feel real and nuanced.
• A game set in contemporary France and inspired by real-life events.
• 10 memories to explore, each coming with a unique navigation concept.
• Elegant art style, evolving throughout the game to underline the main character’s progression.
• Crafted by The Pixel hunt, developers of double BAFTA-nominated Bury me, my Love and BIG Festival-winning Inua, a Story in Ice and Time.
See the gameplay for The Wreck on Switch below.
The Wreck can be purchased digitally on Switch. It includes English, French, and German languages.