You got early access to what could be one of the biggest shooters this year, Payday 3, and you’re ready to play with your friends — hopefully on the same platform. All of a sudden you’re hit with a matchmaking error. Since the game is online only, the issue persists. After you’ve done troubleshooting on your end, you head to the web and see if there are any fixes. Well lucky for you, we at PC Invasion have the answers on how to fix the matchmaking issues in Payday 3 that may help you. So read on below.
Payday 3: how to fix matchmaking issues
The matchmaking issues don’t just pop when loading into a game, but they seem to happen mid-game as well. The solutions below are the most common ways to fix online games and have worked in some cases to fix Payday 3. So let’s see if the following methods can help you out.
- Restart the platform: Whether you bought Payday 3 on Epic or Steam, the same is done for both storefronts. Shut the platform down entirely, this may cause the issue to clear up on its own.
- Try changing connections: If you’re playing on Wi-Fi, switch to LAN and vice versa. Also, if you have multiple connections in your home, switch to another one.
- Allow the game to go through your Firewall: To do this step, head into your settings. Once there, in the left-hand bar, navigate to Firewall and Network Protection. When you’re in this section, near the bottom of the page look for an option called “Allow an app through Firewall”. After you click it, a new window will appear. Look for Payday 3 and set it to public.
- Resetting your router: This is probably the first step you did. If not, unplug your router for 30 seconds or however long the manufacturer says so. Everything may come back to life afterward.
- Wait for a patch: If nothing is working on your end, it’s probably a server issue on Starbeeze’s side. In that case, you may have to wait.
While the steps above are for PC, it seems like console users can face this issue as well. For console users being hit by this issue, you can try resetting the console and router. If the problem is still there, waiting for a patch or fix offered by the developers may be your best option.