Planets like Jeminson where the major city of New Atlantis is located won’t be the only place to land in Starfield. With the massive void of space coupled with what seems to large amount of ships filling up the space, you’ll be able to land on many man-made objects. This can be from large structures like stations to ships you’ve disabled. So the option of what can be interacted with within space is plentiful. Of those structures that you can dock, The Key seems to be one of the more prominent ones for a couple of reasons. First, it’s located in a dangerous star system, second, you’ll meet important characters in Starfield’s story here. So, to learn where to find The Key in Starfield, it would be a good idea to read this guide.
Starfield: Where to find The Key
The space station is rather easy to find as it’s connected to the story. But, as mentioned, the system it’s located in is covered with enemies. It would be ideal to prepare for a fight with a competent ship like the Star Eagle. Another note: If you have not done the Deep Cover mission first, you’ll be attacked. So proceed with extreme caution.
Now that’s out of the way, let’s set our course to The Key.
- Make your way to the Kryx System which is north of the Pronima System. To get a better view, set your map to the Settled Systems. This way, you can see all the systems in Starfield.
- After you’ve found the Kryx System, click on it and it should show you a planet orbiting a large sun.
- When you get inside the system, navigate to the Survorov planet. It should be one on the left of the sun.
- The Key isn’t on the planet but rather orbiting it. If you set your cursor a little over the left of the planet, The Key marker will pop up.
- Once you have it locked in, you can dock. However, with the advice above, you may be attacked.
What’s on The Key?
Aside from needing to go there based on a Crimson Fleet faction mission, you’ll meet important characters that play large roles in the story. You’ll also get a faction called “The Best There Is”. If you’re a daring player and want to take the fight to the Crimson Fleet and get some high-quality loot, this may be the best place to start.
Starfield is available now via Xbox Game Store and Game Pass.