Vanessa becomes first This Morning star to react to Schofield affair | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV
Vanessa Feltz became the first This Morning star to react to news of Phillip Schofield’s affair on Friday (May 26).
The 61-year old, who has guest-presented the ITV daytime show on numerous occasions since 2006, looked on awkwardly as it broke live on her TalkTV show.
Schofield, also 61, admitted to having an affair with a young This Morning runner during his marriage to wife Stephanie Lowe.
In a statement to the Daily Mail, he revealed he had previoulsy struck up a relationship with a “much younger man”, which was more than a friendship, describing it as “unwise, but not illegal”.
Vanessa, meanwhile, was chatting to her guest Nigel Pauley when the statement was published and remained poker faced as he told her “more revelations and some more negativity coming out”.
“If an agent drops someone and uses the words honesty and integrity, that’s not good,” Nigel continued, in the wake of further news that YMU had parted ways from the presenter.
Vanessa continued to remain composed as her guest dissected the statement further, simply nodding as more details were revealed.
Another This Morning host, Eamonn Holmes, however, was much more outspoken as he took to Twitter hit out at ITV bosses after Schofield resigned from the broadcaster.
Holmes, 63, who presented the show at times between 2006 and 2021 claimed to his 1.1 million followers that bosses knew “what kind of man” Schofield was and did not take action.
The GB News presenter said in the tweet: “Schofield has finally been caught out, but he’s not the only guilty party.”
However, in response to Mr Holmes’s claims, ITV told Express.co.uk that they have been “badly let down” by the former This Morning presenter, following his “admissions of deceit”.
ITV said: “The relationships we have with those we work with are based on trust. Philip made assurances to us which he now acknowledges were untrue and we feel badly let down.
“We accept his resignation from ITV and therefore can confirm that he will not be appearing on ITV as had previously been stated.”