Screenshot by PC Invasion
The Sand Grease Pupa item in Genshin Impact is found in the Desert of Hadramaveth. If you plan on wishing for Alhaitham or Dehya, then you’d probably want to obtain a few as you explore the region. Here’s our Genshin Impact Sand Grease Pupa farming locations guide to help you get this material.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub.
Genshin Impact – Sand Grease Pupa farming locations guide
Sand Grease Pupa can be quite easy to farm in Genshin Impact, assuming you have Tighnari due to his passive that reveals Sumeru resources. Given that the item is found on sand dunes and underground, you’ll want to take note of some tidbits:
- Above ground – Nodes appear in clusters (at least four or five in each area). Your clue is the Wenut sand worm that pops up in those locations.
- Underground – Nodes are still clustered, but the game’s world map isn’t that intuitive. Your best bet, however, is to follow specific directions which we’ll mention in a while as you go through the tunnels.
Eastern Desert: Wenut Tunnels, Sands of Al-Azif, and Passage of Ghouls
This area, by far, has the most number of Sand Grease Pupa nodes in Genshin Impact. The Wenut Tunnels/Sands of Al-Azif sector alone has almost 40 of these already. Here’s the gist:
- Wenut Tunnels to Sands of Al-Azif/City of the Deceased – Use the teleporter that’s close to the Setekh Wenut.
- Instead of jumping down to the boss’ arena, continue along the Wenut Tunnels to find a bunch of items.
- Follow the winding path until you reach a cavernous area. Drop down and head northeast, picking up more stuff as you go along.
- Eventually, you’ll reach a fork with a Mitachurl. Just as you approach the City of the Deceased domain, you’ll notice a cairn (i.e., pile of rocks). Interact with it to cause the ground to collapse.
- If you’ve done the Dirge of Bilqis quest, you’ll recognize this area as a place you’ve visited as part of Dune-Entombed Fecundity Part 3 (the one with two separate sets of Withered Obelisk stones). There are more materials here for you to collect.
- Setekh Wenut arena – Use the same teleporter but, this time, jump down to the boss’ arena and stay along the edges. You’ll find several of these in the cavern, as well as a few extra items in the tunnel leading to the west.
- Qusayr Al-Inkhida to Wenut Tunnels – From the Qusayr Al-Inkhida teleporter, glide south toward the underground portion. When you reach the large, cavernous chamber, hang a left and you’ll spot the nodes. This part is also connected to Wenut Tunnels (the aforementioned fork with the Mitachurl). However, since you’d be going deeper down a pit, you probably won’t be heading here.
- Passage of Ghouls – Jump to the bottom of the ravine from the fast travel point and grab these items. There are only two, so it’s up to you if you want to skip these.
Southern Desert: Tanit Camps, Wadi Al-Majuj, and Safhe Shatranj
The Sand Grease Pupa nodes here are all above ground. As such, you’ll want to watch out for any Wenut worms that spawn:
- Tanit Camps/Wadi Al-Majuj – Pick either of these two teleporters. Your goal is to reach the area marked in the map above. There’s a decaying tree here that has several nodes, as well as two more along the dunes.
- Wadi Al-Majuj – From the fast travel point in the western side of the village, head up the plateau to find these among rocks and shrubs.
- Safhe Shatranj – From the fast travel point, climb the cliffs and go a bit southeast. These materials can be found near rocks.
Western and Northern Desert: Wounded Shin Valley and Sands of the Three Canals
The last set of Sand Grease Pupa clusters in Genshin Impact are also above ground. Apart from Wenut worms, visibility can also get impaired due to sandstorms:
- Wounded Shin Valley – Head east directly from the teleporter.
- Sands of the Three Canals – Move south of the fast travel point. The nodes can be hard to see if sandstorms slightly darken your HUD.
Genshin Impact is available via its official website. For more information, check out our guides and features hub.