Frigibax is the new pseudo-legendary in Generation 9’s Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. Here’s how you can find it.
Introduced in the new generation of Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, Frigibax is a small, Ice Fin Pokémon that eventually evolves into the extremely powerful Baxcalibur.
This Pokémon is a Dual Dragon/Ice-Type, giving it the ability to deal critical damage to a variety of other types. Frigibax can be incredibly hard to find, and will be a struggle if you don’t visit the right locations and use the right methods of searching.
Frigibax’s Frequent Habitats
Although Frigibax can be found on a large area of the map of Paldea, its spawn rate in these areas is quite low. This Pokémon can be elusive and quite hidden, but if you are already exploring the Glaseado Mountain area, you will most likely stumble on one eventually.
As noted above, Frigibax can be found in caves or in areas of deep snow. The most frequent location that Frigibax has been spotted, though, is within Glaseado Mountain rather than caves.
The best thing to do when searching for Frigibax is to eat or create any sandwich that will increase your Dragon Encounter Power. This will make your hunt for Frigibax incredibly easy. Check out the restaurant in Mesagoza, Seabreeze Cafe, which has the Spicy Potatoes to give you that much-needed Encounter Power boost.
Frigibax In Glaseado Mountain Near Montenevera
The first area you can find Frigibax frequently visiting is near the city of Montenevera in Glaseado Mountain. They’ll be just outside the city, on the incline to get up the mountain. These Frigibax will be around Level 37 to 38, so it will be better to catch this Pokémon when your own Pokémon are higher in level. Follow these instructions to search for Frigibax in the area.
- You can start by flying to the Montenevera Pokémon Center.
- When you arrive, you can start heading directly north from the Pokémon Center until you reach the exit that will take you back down Glaseado Mountain. As you make your way down these multiple inclines, you should be able to spot quite a few Frigibax in this area. Make sure to really look closely as Frigibax is a smaller Pokémon.
- When you have spotted your Frigibax, you can either approach it directly or throw a Poke Ball with the ZR Button to startle it and begin a battle.
- Since this Pokémon will be fairly high-level and is quite rare, you will most likely want to use a Great Ball on it as it will make the process much faster.
Frigibax In Glaseado Mountain Near North Province (Area Three)
The next best location to spot Frigibax is towards the very top of Glaseado Mountain, nearby to North Province (Area Three). You will be able to spot the Pokémon just outside the Fairy Crew Base, so if you are already planning to make a trek to that location, this would be a good opportunity to catch the rare Pokémon. In this area, Frigibax will fall around the same level of 37 to 38, so there won’t be any difference compared to the previous location. To reach the right spot, follow the directions below.
- To begin, fly to the North Province (Area Three) Pokémon Center, towards the top of Glaseado Mountain.
- Once you have reached this location, you can start to head south on the map until you pass a large tree. Then, turn left until you see an incline that will take you up the mountain. On these inclines, you should be able to find at least one Frigibax, especially if you have eaten something with Dragon Encounter Power.
- When you spot a Frigibax, approach it directly or throw a PokéBall at it with the ZR Button.
- You will also want to use Great Balls on these Frigibax, as they are about the same level. This will take less time, and you will use less Poke Balls.
NEXT: Pokémon Scarlet & Violet: How To Beat False Dragon Titan Guide