Matt Hancock admits to being ‘pushed to the limits’ on gruelling Celebrity SAS | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV
Matt Hancock was pushed to “his limits” during an appearance on Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins.
The West Suffolk MP is set to star in the show’s biggest line-up with 16 famous faces, including Gareth Gates, Melinda Messenger, and James Argent.
All were put through their paces in the jungle phase of SAS selection in Thung Ui, North Vietnam.
The gruelling Channel 4 show is returning to TV screens later this month, with instructor Mark “Billy” Billingham, and his directing staff Jason “Foxy” Fox, Rudy Reyes, and Chris Oliver.
Matt was health secretary during the Covid-19 pandemic and is remembered for breaking his own guidance by kissing colleague Gina Coladangelo in his office.
Talking about being on the show, he said: “Being on SAS was like nothing else I’ve ever experienced.
“It’s one of the toughest physical and mental things I’ve ever done.
“It really opens your eyes and makes you look into yourself.
“After coming through the most challenging period as health secretary during the pandemic, I wanted to push my limits.”
He added: “It’s safe to say the course tested my resilience.”
Show bosses have reportedly wanted to sign Matt up to the show since last year.
Last September, a spokesperson for Matt addressed the rumours, stating: “Matt gets a huge number of offers and is asked to appear on TV shows all the time but he has not signed up to anything.”
Channel 4 told Express.co.uk: “In the best traditions of the SAS, this mission is confidential. However, full details will be released when the series broadcasts next year.”
Matt ended up coming third in last year’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
His signing up for the show was criticised by Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and sparked a huge backlash from the public.
Footballer Jill Scott ended up being crowned winner of the series.
Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins will return to Channel 4 on Tuesday, September 26 at 9pm.