Since its recent launch, Insomniac Games has released a handful of patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 to iron out lingering bugs and technical issues in the game that players have reported, and the developer has now released another one of those updates, bringing the game up to version 1.001.005.
The newest update brings fixes for several additional bugs that players have run into, from UI and HUD-related issues to issues related to character switching and more. In addition to this new coat of polish for the game, the patch also makes further stability improvements. Get all the details in the full patch notes below.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has enjoyed widespread acclaim from critics and audiences alike, and as recently confirmed by Sony, has sold over 5 million units worldwide. In our own review of the game, we awarded it a score of 9/10, saying, “Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is exactly the sort of sequel you’d want it to be, and though it stumbles here and there, ultimately, it improves on its predecessors in almost every way that matters most.” Read the full review through here.
Insomniac has also confirmed that it will be adding New Game Plus and Mission Replay to the game before 2024.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is available on PS5.
- Addressed an issue where NPCs could spawn on top of each other in boats
- Addressed an issue where MJ could be defeated in one hit on higher difficulty settings
- Addressed multiple issues where hiding the HUD would cause some missions to fail to trigger
- Addressed an issue where collision was missing on the floor in the harbor
- Further addressed issues where players could become stuck in the finale of Marko’s Memories
- Addressed an issue where players could switch character during the defeat sequence.
- Addressed an issue where the player could become stuck running on a wall
- Addressed an issue where the wrong Spider-Man could receive phone calls if the player switched characters during a call
- Addressed an issue where the player could lose the ability to jump
- Addressed multiple issues where inputs would not register after zipping to a point
- Addressed an issue where the game would not properly reload after being defeated by a boss.
- Addressed an issue where Peter Parker could become stuck on a bench or railing.
- Addressed an issue where Spider-Man could clip through the map and become stuck during combat
- Addressed an issue where the Hang Ten Trophy would not count flips accurately
- Addressed an issue where inputs would not register after grabbing a memory crystal
- Further addressed issues where models would not load properly after long play sessions
- Addressed an issue where the player character could leave a mission and enter the open world resulting in corrupted saves
- Improved stability