Posted in: Card Games, Games, Pokémon TCG, Tabletop | Tagged: Fusion Strike, gengar, pokemon, pokemon cards
Pokémon TCG Value Watch: Sword & Shield – Fusion Strike in September 2023 observes one of the set’s best cards lose 25% of its worth.
The Pokémon TCG is an ever-changing and unpredictable market. Over the past two years, we’ve seen renewed interest in the hobby due to a number of factors, including the 25th Anniversary, strong Sword & Shield-era sets featuring stunning Alternate Arts, influencers, box breaks, COVID-19 lockdown pushing people to find hobbies, and more. For a time, sets and cards that were readily available quickly became difficult to find. Now that the hype is settling down, let’s see where modern sets stand. Every month, I will do an installment of this series, Pokémon TCG Value Watch. This series is not financial advice but is rather a way to help collectors know the trajectory of a card’s availability so that Pokémon TCG completionists like myself know when to strike. Today, let’s see how the cards of Sword & Shield – Fusion Strike, which came out in November 2021, are doing now in September 2023.
Here are the top valued cards of Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield – Fusion Strike with market values observed on TCGPlayer as of this writing:
- Gengar VMAX Alternate Art Secret Rare 271/264: $202.16
- Espeon VMAX Alternate Art Secret Rare 270/264: $139.23
- Mew VMAX Alternate Art Secret Rare 269/264: $62.99
- Mew V Alternate Art 251/264: $31.97
- Mew VMAX Rainbow Rare Secret Rare 269/264: $28.36
- Celebi V Alternate Art 245/264: $27.55
- Inteleon VMAX Alternate Art Secret Rare 266/264: $25.74
- Genesect V Alternate Art 255/264: $18.34
- Mew V Full Art 250/264: $10.45
- Fire Energy Gold Secret Rare 284/264: $8.35
- Greedent V Alternate Art 257/264: $7.20
- Gengar VMAX 271/264: $6.76
- Boltund VMAX Rainbow Rare Secret Rare 267/264: $6.55
- Inteleon VMAX 079/264: $6.46
- Greedent VMAX Rainbow Rare Secret Rare 272/264: $6.22
Both top cards, Gengar VMAX Alternate Art Secret Rare and Espeon VMAX Alternate Art Secret Rare, retained most of their value, dropping by just a few dollars this month. The biggest drop, strangely enough, is Celebi V Alternate Art, which lost $10 of value, which is more than 25% of its overall worth.
Be sure to check Bleeding Cool every day to follow our in-depth Pokémon TCG coverage as we explore the hobby’s past, present, and even future with upcoming set reveals.
Stay up-to-date and support the site by following Bleeding Cool on Google News today!