Flying Dragon Greyll takes you down by breathing fire, so here’s a guide to help you beat this fearsome enemy.
The vast world of Elden Ring is filled with various ferocious creatures and challenges. While many of these creatures must be defeated in order to progress through the game’s main story, there are also optional foes that offer unique rewards to those ready to face them. One such optional enemy is the Flying Dragon Greyll, a formidable creature that guards the Farum Greatbridge in the northeastern region of Dragonbarrow in Caelid.
While defeating Greyll is not essential to completing the game, doing so yields valuable prizes such as a whooping 80,000 runes and Dragon hearts, a rare and valuable item that can be traded for Dragon abilities. If you’re ready to face this creature, this guide will provide you with the best strategy for defeating the Flying Dragon Greyll.
Strategy To Defeat Flying Dragon Greyll Boss
It’s probable that this isn’t your initial tussle with a dragon in Elden Ring. Nevertheless, if you’ve somehow teleported to Dragonbarrow’s Bestial Sanctuary to battle the boss, you will confront a fearsome challenge. The Flying Dragon Greyll, with its 11,500 HP and diverse attacks ranging from the Tail Swipe to Flying Fire, can dispose of you in mere seconds.
To increase your chances of success in this battle, there are a few key strategies to keep in mind:
- Firstly, summon any available spirits and ensure that you’re on Torrent for the entirety of the fight.
- When facing the dragon, move back and forth across the bridge and wait for the dragon to cue its attack before moving in to strike.
- When running towards the dragon, stick to one side of the bridge, and as the dragon focuses on you to breathe fire, quickly switch to the other side to avoid taking damage.
- Once you’ve dodged the dragon’s attack, move in to strike at its legs or wings. Hitting the wings will cause more damage than the legs, but be careful, as the fire attack can sometimes splash off the sides of the bridge and hit you.
- Remember to only give three or four hits before galloping away to the other end of the bridge to avoid the dragon’s attacks.
- Additionally, if you manage to break the dragon’s stance, its head becomes a prime target for a critical hit. Delivering a devastating blow to this vulnerable spot can significantly weaken the dragon and turn the tide of the battle in your favor. So, keep your focus on the dragon’s head and strike it with precision and power to increase your chances of victory.
Sticking to a single type of attack and strategy during the fight is crucial for a successful takedown of the dragon. Repeating the same approach repeatedly until the creature’s health bar is depleted will make the battle significantly more manageable. And once you defeat the boss, your efforts will be handsomely rewarded with Dragon hearts and a bounty of 80,000 runes. With this knowledge, you’re now fully equipped to take down the formidable Flying Dragon Greyll.
Next: Elden Ring: Best Dexterity Scaling Weapons